Immigrating to Massachusetts from Canada

Many of the Canadians who immigrate to Boston or the rest of Massachusetts come for the array of incredible educational and career opportunities. Many come as students or to work in the many technology and healthcare companies who call Boston home.  Of course, there is also a large population of Canadians who marry American citizens, and need help with marriage-based or family-based immigration as well.

If you need help immigrating to MA from Canada, contact Boston immigration attorney Giselle M. Rodriguez.  Giselle helps clients with the full range of immigration challenges, from visas to citizenship. She is bilingual (English & Spanish), and works with clients throughout Greater Boston and Massachusetts. Contact Giselle today to discuss your case, or read on to find out more about protecting your immigration status in the United States.

Pursuing an Education

If you want an excellent education there are few better places than the Boston area. MIT, Harvard, Brandeis, Wellesley, and many more all outstanding opportunities. You may need a student visa.

I can help you get the J-visa or the M-visa that will help you pursue your educational goals. If you get a job offer from local employers after you graduate, I can also help you with the adjustment of status that you will need to remain in the United States.

Career Opportunities

In our increasingly global economy one shouldn’t necessarily walk away from excellent opportunities just because they’re in another country. Fortunately, if you have an employer-sponsor and can show professional excellence then you’re free to pursue just about any opportunity you can find here in Boston.

There are plenty of employers here across a wide variety of industries, all looking to secure the best talent they can find. Any number of them would happily sponsor a Canadian immigrant looking to start a new chapter. Once you’ve found the job, I can help you secure the visa you’ll need. These visas can even lead to permanent residence, if you find you love it here in Massachusetts and want to stay.

Starting a Business

Canada is a treaty country, which means that the E-2 Treaty Investor visa is open to you. If you want to start a business in the United States and will hold at least 50% ownership, or plan on investing a substantial amount of capitol in a US business, then the E-2 visa may be right for you.  If not, there are several other investor-visa programs that might be a great choice.

The Consulate

The Consulate General of Canada is located at 3 Copley Pl., Boston, MA. The phone number is (617) 247-5100.

The consulate can help you get certain documents certified and authenticated, help you with a lost or stolen passport, and even help you vote in Canadian elections if you plan on going back to Canada or do not plan on becoming a Canadian citizen.

Processing Times

Our local USCIS office is taking 7 to 21 days to process applications right now, which means if you want to do anything in the United States you need to start early. You also need to eliminate road blocks to getting approved.

That’s where I cam come in. I make sure you’re applying for the right visa, that your paperwork is done right the first time, and that you submit sufficient evidence to make your case.

I can help you with all of the above and more, ensuring that your move will be a successful one. Contact me to get help immigrating to Massachusetts today.